Friday, March 7, 2014

The Book Thief

My review: Wow, this book was amazing. It brought me to tears. The character's all had a heartrenching story that spoke to me. But Liesel story spoke to me most. Her story of hope in times of war. I feel alittle like Liesel who can't think of any words to say. This book was amazing.

What The Book Is About: Set during World War II in Nazi Germany, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing something she can’t resist — books. With the help of her best friend, Rudy, she learns to live on Himmel Street after her brother dies on the train ride there. She learns to read thanks to her accordion-playing foster father, Hans Hubermann, and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man who took refuge in her basement. This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul and human spirit.

I give it 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment